Schools and Paid Learning
This is possibly the best and most balanced summary of game schools in the whole entire internet.
Game School Reading and Discussion
- Game Industry page on the Polycount Wiki, with many many links to discussions of game schools, advice for students, etc.
- “Education in the Game Industry” Polycount sticky
- “Don’t Go to Art School” (and the 10k Ultimate Art Education)
- SPS “schools” tag
Tutorials, Classes and Mentorships (that require money)
- S.O.E. G.I.R.L. scholarship ($10,000 and option for internship)
- Penny Arcade scholarship ($10,000)
- Washington Interactive Network’s Interactive Media scholarship
- ESA Foundation scholarships ($3,000)
- Big Fish scholarship ($2,500)
- IGDA Scholars (trips to GDC, E3, GDCEurope, Casual Connect, CEDEC and Tokyo Gameshow)