Ethan Levy’s series “Breaking into Game Design”
- Breaking into game design: Step 1 – Find Your Mountain
- Breaking into game design: Step 2 – Build Your Portfolio
- Breaking into game design: Step 3 – Learn to Sell Yourself
- Breaking into game design: Step 4 – Write Your Resume
- Breaking into game design: Part 5 – Prepare to interview
So far Ethan Levy, a former Bioware employee, is four deep into a series of blog posts on breaking into game design that’s aimed very specifically at the absolute newbie. Although it’s also fairly specifically aimed at game designers, it’s a great and thorough walkthrough of the very basics of creating a presence and interviewing within the games industry, and is a great read for anyone on the hunt for their first (or second, or third) job.
(Update 02.2014: Added a link to part five. Oops.)