Free Game- and App-Specific Programming Courses
Open Online Courses stating soon:
- HTML5 Game Development (starts February 4th)
- Interactive 3D Graphics (starts Mach 11th)
- Foundations of Computer Graphics (6 weeks – starts March 18th)
- Full list of OOCs from OpenCulture
Free Computer Science University Lectures
- Coding Together: Developing Apps for iPhone and iPad from Stanford, Winter 2013
- iPad and iPhone App Development from Stanford, Fall 2011
- Android Development from Rose-Hulman, Winter 2010
- Building Mobile Applications from Harvard
- iPad and iPhone Application Development by Paul Hegarty
- Full list of Computer Science Lectures from OpenCulture
OOCs (or MOOCs, depending on were you go or who you ask) are (Massive) Open Online Courses, which are available to sign up for and participate via online portals for free. Being as they’re already free, the software/books/etc. are also generally free and it’s all pretty snazzy. They typically run about 6-12 weeks.
The second list is of university courses that have already wrapped up, but were recorded and uploaded so you can still watch the lectures for free. Some of the pages also include information on the required course books and stuff, but these lectures are generally a lot of fun and incredibly informative even if you’re just watching.
(All these links were found via OpenCulture)